What do people appreciate about me?
- Creative approach – I embrace difference and an alternative way
- The energy and enthusiasm I bring
- Honesty–I am respectful but not afraid to challenge and say it as it is
- My self-awareness – if I have said or done something, I probably already know if improvements could have been made!
- Always available to listen, coach or offer advice
What is important to me?
- A positive approach to everything – sometimes things are challenging but I’ve never solved a problem looking at the negatives
- Being reliable for others and them for me
- Fairness – it is not always about being equal,but it should be equitable
- A philanthropic approach even when things are tough for me personally or the organisation
- Having fun always – be it with the family, with friends or at work
- Being curious and constantly learning; I use this a good excuse to play with LEGO too!
- A strong network–I like to meet and get to know people so always feel free to connector introduce me to your connections
- Being busy, active and focused–I get bored being bored
How best to support me?
- Be honest with me – it will help me and may mean
- I can help you better
- Give me space to do what I am there to do
- Be timely if you are doing things to help me –missing deadlines causes me stress
- Accept that things may go wrong, or not in a linear way, with some of my ideas
- I like to be informed; it helps me think better and broader-I may also be able to offer a different perspective
- Allow me to be curious and ask questions as it helps me understand the “why”–once I know this, I deliver better results
- If urgent, drop me a text–I’m not so good with voicemails!
- Offer me tea–my love of coffee is not healthy!